Thursday, December 29, 2016

New Beginnings

Photo by Pete Linforth link


Hello, and welcome back to The Paper Sunflower!

When I started this blog last year, I had hoped to post something every day. I wanted it to be a daily collection of inspiring images, bits of wisdom, and basically a way to share things that I found interesting and meaningful with friends around the world.

I had the best of intentions...and then life happened! 2016 has been a roller coaster year, politically and personally. My poor little blog took a back seat to reality, and I wasn't able to keep up with it as I had hoped. But I am resolving to do things right in 2017!! 

I am, as my blog header states, inspired by the past but living in the moment.I have a passion for old things: antique, vintage and retro are my favorite keywords! I am especially partial to the Victorian and Edwardian eras and the Roaring 20s, but am inspired by the art, fashion, images, wisdom, food and music of other eras as well. And I love to find people who incorporate inspirations from the past into their current creative projects. 
 
I hope to share more of my favorite things with you in the coming year! I plan to continue to explore the wealth of vintage material I have in my own collection, as well as the amazing texts and images that are available online. I also plan to revise and update some of my favorite blog posts from last year. And I will  share links to websites and blogs that I think you may find interesting, if you like the kinds if things I do. And please share your favorite sites with me!

2016 has been quite a year, but its coming to an end. So let's look ahead to new beginnings! I hope you and your loved ones have a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year 2017!


Photo by Nate Embrey link







No comments:

Post a Comment